Last year, I did this post; which detailed the targets I had for the trip (purchases mainly!). It is super interesting to me to review that post and realise that I didn't exactly make the grade from then until now...My aims then were:
- To get a jelly roll for the giant jelly roll floor cushions on moda bakeshop. A year later...I got the jelly roll and it has sat in the cupboard ever since :( I could make excuses about how I didn't "need" to make these so much until the kids are a bit older and can use the downstairs rumpus room a bit more; but really it's annoying I haven't made them in over a year since buying the materials.
- To buy some wool for the Purl Bee Granny Stripe Blanket. A year later...I haven't made the blanket but I also didn't yet buy the wool. That's more OK than failure #1...I think! I still intend to make this but it's not really priority right now, which is alright.
- To (maybe) buy crochet cotton and beads for some of these bracelets. A year later...I didn't buy it, I didn't make it, and I haven't thought of them since. I still quite like them though. Perhaps a good impulse purchase if I see some cotton I like, or something to do with Issy when she is old enough.
- Some dress fabric shopping, especially some jersey ruffle. A year later...in this respect I did better! I couldn't find any jersey ruffle I liked (it was all very narrow). I did score at Tessuti/the craft fair and find the materials for these shorts, this scarf, this top and this skirt.
- "Look at" yo-yo makers, templates and books. Plus I saw a post about Knook (knitting with crochet hooks). A year later...none of the above (well, not from the craft fair). But there I did discover Zpaghetti (see here) which is a bit Knook-y I imagine.
In addition, I found some gorgeous Duckcloth fabrics for my sister-in-laws quilt, my bag from scraps and the little cellphone wallet.
So here I am, trying to write the pre-Sydney post and make the list again. I am not sure how looking back helps me, except to resolve to use what I buy, and in that respect I have done quite well. If I can't find what is on the list, I can probably excuse that, but I don't like buying things I don't use.
Hopefully a post soon to go over what I might try and buy this time!