Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Go To Patterns Signature Dress sewalong - mucho progress :)

After the fun of the frothy sewalong with Amanda, we decided to do another.  This time I picked the Go To Patterns, Signature Dress.


This pattern is great.  It's knits, which I love; it goes from 12 months to 12 years; and it has a heap of variations.  There are different sleeves, a hood, pockets, a tulle hem and waist elastic or shirring options.

Yesterday I pinned the pleats:


Then sewed them.  This was the most difficult bit of the dress I think - making sure these were even...


And I attached the ribbing to the neckline.


Then I got very cross with the overlocker, which wasn't playing nicely.  So I stopped.

This evening - my overlocker was in a better mood...or maybe I was.  I added the sleeves and shirred the waist.


I only did two lines at the waist, spanning either side of the blue band, because it looked good :)

Then I sewed up the sides:


And then I stopped.  I want to try this on the small person to check the fit before I finish the side seams.  Plus I have to decide whether to add tulle to the hem.  Any opinions on that one?

More once the fitting and decisions have happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment