Sunday, December 30, 2012

Reverb '12: Days 25 - 28

More reverberating...

Day 25:  How will you be vulnerable?

How will you tend to your vulnerabilities, shield them, make them advantageous?

Um ick.  I don't know.  In a craft sense, I am vulnerable to overreach and try and do lots of things for other people (unrequested by them) when I should focus on some stuff I need to get done.  I don't know how much I want to really temper the instinct to make nice things for people who will like them, but I do want to become more targeted to ensure I make things people will appreciate and get my stuff done too.  My planning lists may help with that, plus working more which will likely mean less time / energy to make stuff :(

Day 26:  How will you make time?

Hahahahahahaha.

Seriously, I will have about the same or less time than in 2012.  I will make time by picking myself off the couch after the kids are in bed and doing some sewing / knitting. I will get in a few dedicated sewing days on annual leave days or by agreement with husbandio.  I will sneak in a bit with the kids "helping" or busy elsewhere in the house, though not much.  It isn't ideal but it works for me so far.

Day 27:  How will you honour your creativity?

I made a few patterns up from scratch last year - I would like to do more of that.

Day 28:  How will you overcome *those* fears?

Three things that daunted you in 2012 that you will defeat in 2013.

  1. Sewing bras
  2. Sewing well fitting pants
  3. Learning to pattern draft.
They aren't really fears so much as skills I want to master fully.  I will do this by trying and failing, asking for advice, lots of googling and buying books and patterns until I get it right.

More soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment