So here are mine:
|Man they look like criminals in this one...|
Did you spot the deliberate error? Yes, the only pictures I have of the kids in their tops so far is before I finished the necks and sleeves and hems. To be honest, you get the idea. And actually, I am kind of digging the boat neck vibe that Marcus has going on and I might make a wider, shallower neck version of this at some point as a result :)
Here are the finished ones:
This is a Michael Miller stretch from fabric.com. It is kind of firmer than a jersey knit and I quite like that it gives the top a smarter look.
This is Marcus' tee once finished. A striped jersey, again from fabric.com. I love the way the neckline looks in the stripes. I was going to add a patch pocket to this in the opposite direction or diagonal to the stripe, but then I vagued out and forgot. I will add one to the next version I think :)
The pattern has various variations (such an awesome sentence..) including cuffs versus hems, several different necklines etc. I hemmed both rather than cuffing the sleeves, but tried two different necklines:
For Marcus, I did the standard option:
And I don't like it. I may have executed it poorly, but it looks messy and it seems like he would find it a bit uncomfortable as there is jaggedyness in there (totally technical term).
For Issy; the bound neckline:
which by comparison, I love. It seems like it might take longer but I am not sure it did, as you don't have to finish the seam inside and I think the difference might be taking twelve minutes instead of ten (or whatever), which is totally worth it.
So- I like the pattern and have my pinterest eye on various variations (my favourite new expression) which I plan to tackle as part of Kids Clothes Week. I imagine I will make many more of these, especially as this is a pattern which goes to bigger sizes.