Overall I am quite pleased with these, though I don't know if they fit him yet (arrives tomorrow!).
The top is Butterick B5586, which I picked up in a discount bin in a fabric shop in Brisvegas when I last visited (that's Brisbane to non-Australians...).
The last PJs I made for him were the pants only, with a (purchased) t-shirt top. Apparently he loved them but did express a desire for Harry Potter style pyjamas (everyone else hears "cute request", I hear buttonholes...sigh!).
Overall I am happy with the top: I did lots of super finishing on it like for the pants, to make it as nice as possible. However, the crappy fabric I used (flannel, Spotlight, nuff said...) was "out" so the lines didn't match the grain. I could either cut with the grain and have it look out, or cut with the stripes and have it be out. Rock meets hard place. I went with looking right and being out, but of course it doesn't quite sit right (see the pulls around the arm). I really hope they are still comfortable!
The pants are similar to what I have done before - the Oliver + S Sketchbook Shorts, lengthened to make into pants.
I decided just to ignore my mistaken buttonholes and made new ones for the buttonhole elastic. I put them on the outside (under the theory they might be uncomfortable on the inside) and hopefully that makes them more likely to fit nicely.
I also decided to cuff the pants in the same fabric in a contrast direction - I am really pleased with how they turned out. It looks really cool and the pants are finished very nicely (if I do say so myself!).
So that was all I did in KCW but it was all I planned to do and it turned out well, so I am pretty satisfied. Hopefully next time (Spring for us, but it will be called Autumn KCW) will be a good time to crank out some volume of summer clothes.
Meanwhile - I am off to Melbourne this weekend for the craft fair and some gentle fabric shopping :)