I am a bit late to this party but still wanted to join in!
I thought I would do a mash-up post on all of the categories (noting that I tend not to do reflections and goals separately anyway).
- Sewing more TNT and patterns - the Grainline Linden and the Paprika Patterns Jasper (shown here with crossover collar add-on) were both definite staples. I get sooo many compliments on the Jasper!
- Other sewing - the Papercut Patterns Sapporo Coat, the Cashmerette Ames Jeans and the Cashmerette Appleton top I made are all total hits and worn a lot, especially the jeans!
- The RTW fast was astonishingly easy and I consider that a roaring success. I have mentioned before that the Facebook group wasn't really for me, but overall as a concept I was very happy with how I did. I only bought a couple of items that weren't going to be made by me ever (waterproof pants for ski-ing anyone?) and it definitely pushed my sewing further towards the practical.
- The Sewcialists! I became a permanent editor this year and I love it. I am chief scheduler, which appeals enormously to my list making tendencies :) It's a fantastic community and I am super proud to contribute to it :)
- My final success is how well I did on last year's top 5 goals! They were: being more considered, take better photos, RTW fast, engage with the online community and teach my daughter to sew. I have taken steps towards all but the last one...which is good progress!
I won't say much in here as my sewing this year has felt pretty productive. I did have one spectacular fail of a pattern test for the Named Anni as you can see below.
|My god this is awful...|
Another fail might be how little I have blogged here, but am not sure that's a fail so much as a reflection of it not being as high on the priority list. I have an idea on that below...
GOALS for 2019
Tricky! I think they are as follows:
- Keep not buying RTW. The fast is over but actually that had very little to do with it for me in the end. I would actually like to extend the fast into underwear (see goal 3!)
- Keep chasing more TNT patterns - I used our TNT month as inspiration and have bought the most popular patterns to see if I like them too! It worked with the Linden so hopefully the others will be just as good.
- Make underwear / swimwear. I have patterns and kits - what's holding me back?
- Blog a couple of times a month. There are so many things I have made that aren't recorded - maybe I go back to using this as a note of what I made and adjustments etc so it's more useful to me. I am considering a format / template of just all the pattern and make details plus pictures, rather than words (if that make sense!).
- Again, sew more thoughtfully. I am compiling a Make Nine, not as a way of joining in with a challenge, but as a way of ensuring I think about sewing things I will wear and that I need in my wardrobe.
Well, that brings us almost back up to date. I have a few recent makes ready to blog, so hopefully that will spur some more activity around here!
Ciao for now...