Thursday, October 11, 2012

KCWC (3) - Frothy (almost) Finale - Blogtoberfest (11)

So I am pretty well finished the Frothy McFrothy Frock...

Does she look tired?  I got her out of bed to try this on...BAD mother :)


However...this is not the finished shot, as I still have hem finishing on the ruffle at the bottom after I try it on the small person.  You notice I said ruffle and not ruffles btw, as I screwed up my cutting and ended up only having enough for the big ruffle :(  Ellieboo, take notice before you ask me for advice again!  I stupidly only cut one ruffle piece for each ruffle, when you need two.  IDIOT.  So now I have one big ruffle only (I think if I had done it properly I might have squeezed out two..but nevermind).

My other issue last night was when I dragged the small person out of bed last night to try it on...it didn't fit!


It was definitely too tight in the bodice, despite some pretty careful size selection.  I did manage to rectify this by unpicking (oh the joy) and making the bodice part seam allowance only 1/4 inch or less.  And yes, I got her out of bed a second time to try it on again to check before I finished anything.

I have this issue with a lot of clothes I make for Thing One, as she is tall, so fits into size seven and eights, but is also still a bit toddler chubby, as she is actually only five.  The older she gets, the leaner she gets but I still run into this now and again.  Luckily I could easily fix it this time.

So once I try the dress on her for length (no I didn't get her out of bed a third time...), I can finish the ruffle seam and will post some finished pictures with her in it.  It is hard to photograph without a model - Nick is holding the hanger in his teeth in this shot so we can actually see the shape a bit!

 

See you tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. She looks lovely in her new frothy number. I am very close to finishing and it is my first job of the day on Saturday morning.

    Here's to more sew alongs:)

    ReplyDelete